Offered monthly from 6-9 pm on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday evening
One weeknight a month, the Couples Communication Group is offered in Marin County by Kathy Jarosz. This 3 hour group is limited in size to 4-5 couples for maximum learning and support.
The workshop contains the same transformative information that I would cover in ongoing couples therapy, but much more condensed. Materials will be provided, and you will leave with a Resources reference list to continue learning. Couples can attend
more than one session, to reinforce the practices, if they so choose.
We will focus on communication strategies you can immediately use with your partner. I will teach the group about the longitudinal studies done on successful relationships and what they tell us. You will learn what behaviors and patterns need to be avoided for communication to work. These insights alone will help you strengthen your marriage. You will learn:
- how to make your partner feel safe and comfortable opening up to you
- how to share feelings and desires with openness and vulnerability
- how to avoid blaming and defensiveness, so you both get heard
- the importance of asking your partner questions that deepen your understanding of them
- to manage the tension that inevitably couples face when dealing with necessary conflicts
- that making requests gets your needs met better than complaining or criticizing
In a playful and fun way, we look at how to prepare and deliver our communications to our partners. And we look at what it takes to do this in an even handed direct way, with an open heart. We will discuss this as a group, but most of the practice will happen with each couple practice privately. It is a dynamic and fun way to learn. I so enjoy teaching this class!
Please phone Kathy at (415) 999-4414 with any questions and to sign up for the class. Specifics will be provided to you at that time. As class size is kept small intentionally, it is best to sign up quickly.
The fee is $160 per couple and must be received 7 days before the workshop.